Friday, April 30, 2010

Nourishment For The Soul...

What is it about long drives in the car?  For some it's great for the soul and for others it's pure torment?

I'm fairly certain that, at this point in my life, it has become great therapy for my soul to take long drives the car.  It's relaxing and makes me feel great when I get to "get away" for a few hours.  (Or a day or two)

Today I'm helping to chaperon a trip for one of our local youth organizations. Needless to say I'm extremely glad to get away from things for a while, even if it is to help out with kids.

We made the drive in fairly excellent time.  The weather held out and we only saw a small amount of rain.  One microscopic snow flurry that lasted a grand total of 2 minutes.  I'm definitely ready for the heat, the sun, the long days of summer.  Hurry up damn it!

          The kids are fairly excited to be here, participating in the conference tomorrow.  Reminds me of how it was when I was there age (damn…am I really 29…lol).  They are loving the long car rides and the hotel stuff, pool, games, movies on tv, you know how it is.


Anyways, it’s definitely time for some sleep....


Long drive back tomorrow.....mmmm...perfect!


Ciao!

No comments: