Friday, July 31, 2009

Coming Back To Writing And Sharing...

Wow, it has been a long time since I've written. I'm definitely going to rectify this situation.

Recently I was reading another blog and the subject of "why bad things happen to good people" came up. The blog buddy set forth the idea that our perceptions of "good" and "bad" are thrust upon situations that occur in our lives and we make the determination of what is "good" and "bad" by how we perceive what happens.

A blog comment came forth regarding the murder of a young member of the gay community. This person asked what about that situation, was it good or bad? As I read through the comments, my human side came to bear and I wrote the following:

The world can be a cold and lonely place. At many times it is just that, very cold and very lonely. It is when we are among those with which we can identify, being open minded and truly accepting of all others, will we be close to understanding about what it is to be human in a world that still has a lot of room to grow. It is that progress that we must make together, gay/straight/bi/lesbian/transgendered/and anything else I may have left out. We must unite to ensure that selfish acts of hate, crimes against humanity, crimes against humans, do not prosper. We must join and celebrate our differences, educate those younger than us to be open minded and to be truly accepting of everyone. We must make progress together to co-exist, to thrive, to ensure our very survival as humans who need, most dire, to live together. A murder, especially of someone so young, is one of the most horrifying things that can take place in this world. There is no good to be found in that specific situation as it carries everything bad, evil, twisted, and inhumane found inside we as humans. The good, the resonating and inherent goodness inside all of us, can be sparked from a “wake up call” such as this. Did it have to come to a senseless murder for we as a people to open our eyes, ears, and hearts to a situation that, when put into perspective, is truly an asinine thing to fight about? No. But it did happen. It did take place and we have to live with the fact that part of the continent did wash away and all of Europe as a whole will forever be affected. Sad? Yes. Tragic? Yes. In need of our attention to educate those who need help in making progress towards co-existing? YES.

My love and wishes for a happier world to everyone. I hope we can make progress together. I hope we can become more open minded and accepting than we have been. I hope…

I know that things happen, life happens, and we must be accepting of it all and make due with the cards we've been dealt. Making due, and being accepting is the challenge. Let me know what you think...I'm doing my best to be the most open minded and accepting person I can be.


Ciao!