Thursday, November 27, 2008

This Our Day Of Thanks...

Today, a majority of Americans celebrate our holiday called "Thanksgiving". It is meant to celebrate our history, our family, our friends, our relationships, basically the many people in our lives for which we are thankful. Some rejoice in being with good company, some pay homage to their friends and their many blessings.

I think that, after my very short time here on earth, the concept of being thankful has come to mean a great many different things for each of us. The dictionary defines "thankful" as: Aware and appreciative of a benefit; grateful. I hope that I can express my gratitude for my life, the quality of that life, my family, my friends, my mentors, my education, and each of the many blessings in my world that have become too numerous to calculate.

I do know one thing thus far...it takes more than just one day in the year to truly show how much each of us have in our lives. It takes constant vigilance, determination, and a very conscious effort to remain thankful, to remain steadfast in our humbleness as a family member, as a friend, as someone who can show they are blessed by expressing thanks each and everyday to everyone they know.

My personal gratitude cannot be expressed here in this blog, it cannot be quantified by numbers nor can it be visualized in picture. It can come only from my heart, my words, my thoughts, my work and deeds towards others and that constant unwavering effort to lead by example and show everyone just how "thankful" I am for everything I am, everything I have, and everyone that shares in my life.

Thank you all.

Ciao!

No comments: