Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Exploding Deer and Huge Battles...

Day 5 and the deer fur was flying!


That's right, deer fur.  It was the first time I'd seen a car hit a deer right in front of me.  The first thing I want to say, just to preempt this portion of the post, is that I'm very lucky and completely grateful that is wasn't me hitting the creature.  Had I not applied my breaks when I did or left the gym 10 seconds later than I did, it would have been me.  The deer was one of two or three (the typical deer story enters here) along side the road and as I stepped on my brakes it ran out across the road into my lane.  I started flashing my lights and honking my horn, more to warn the oncoming traffic than to make the deer run off, and instead of running back from where it came, it moved into oncoming traffic and was hit head on.  (Can you say "Intense!"???)


To make a long story short, there was a loud crash, a brief explosion of fur (which was all over the place), and oncoming traffic slowed to help.  I hated that feeling of there being nothing I could do to stop it from happening.  I guess when you live in this part of Colorado with all these fields and farms surrounding the main highway between two towns, it truly is something that is a regular occurrence.  I hope everyone was OK...


The work load is already increasing and it's going to take quite a bit of organization to make sure the goals we have set in the work place are accomplished.  There are so many things to accomplish....*aaaaauuuuggghhh*....the time will be there, the resources are in place and the people are willing.  The local area youth will benefit from our efforts and we will make progress!  (Hell yah!)


On a more twisted note:


This evening I found myself typing this post while watching "The Biggest Loser".  (For those who have no idea what this show is about, check it out online or try and catch in on NBC.)  The sick thing about it was, when the commercial break would occur, we would switch over to the travel channel and catch a portion of "Man Vs. Food".  A show dedicated to following a man who stuffs his face with food of titanic proportions.  These "challenges" are arranged, and at times grotesque, battles between a restaurant's famed feature food and some guy who basically eats FOR A LIVING.   Ahhhh...America, what a country!


The irony is extremely prevalent and I hope that there will be time to eat something deep fried between posts on how to diet properly.

Ciao!

No comments: