Monday, January 18, 2010

What's Your Dream?

Day 18...MLK Jr Day, Tri-Ethnic Community, and Salsa Music



(Yah, it was that awesome!)


It was an extremely laid back kind of day.  I was glad to know that I didn't have to be out to work right away this morning.  Spending a bit more time around the house is always a good thing and I even got to do some score/part study.  (Very cool)  Work was fairly easy with the majority of my time being devoted to working on our MLK Jr event.  We created a great wall for signing names and visions for the future.  I think we'll keep it up through February's entirety.  It will definitely speak to all who pass and I hope that they too will come and sign our "I Have A Dream" wall.  With members of our little "tri-ethnic" community coming to enjoy the center, it was refreshing to see that they were open to the idea of peace and expressing their ideas for this world's future.  Hopefully their dreams will come true and we will see a brighter tomorrow.


Salsa rehearsal was awesome.  I love playing with this group.  The key musicians are in place and the group is already on it's way to becoming something very special.  I'm definitely lucky to be playing with them and I think that the combined talent of the group is extremely impressive.  Needless to say it will be this group that keeps me sane and in check during the winter/spring term.  Loving the salsa, loving the swing...


Wishing everyone peace and enlightenment as we make our way into Tuesday...Ciao!

No comments: