Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Week's End And Relaxation At Hand...

Day 17 and the paint was dripping...


Not all over the place, but it was definitely rolled out onto our "I Have A Dream" wall...board...plank....thing.  I ended up back at work today, though for a short time, to paint our makeshift wall.  We are hosting an event to celebrate MLK Jr. Day tomorrow and the wall is going to be featured at the center.  Hopefully we will have many participants show up to sign the wall and write what their dream is for our future.


I guess, overall, today has been relatively quiet.  Just the way I like it!  Nothing pressing, nothing stressing me out last minute and things working themselves out as they should.  A day unfolding like today did is welcome in my book any time.  Coupled with the fact that I have been playing some of the best long tones lately, getting back on the proverbial horse with my playing, makes for a relaxing and productive end to my weekend.


So, a good night's sleep and an easy morning are definitely in order.  Can't wait to get another week started and see how much change we can make in our little youth community!!!

Ciao!

1 comment:

phryGIAN said...

oooh what's your secret? my long tones are always "mariachi-esque" as my teacher calls it. hahaha