Sunday, January 3, 2010

What It's All About...

Day 3 and I love my family more than ever.  I think that the love I have for them grows exponentially.  It is something with which I've been very fortunate.  They are me and I am them...


A bit cryptic, albeit sweet I guess, but it really is a great thing to have, family love.  The more I see them the better I feel about who I am and from where I come.  My parents came and visited today and it was really special.  I guess every time we have the opportunity to visit is special, but this felt new and more vivid for me.  They were here, and they played the roles of parents and grandparents simultaneously.  Their children, grandchild, and even in-laws were all present at the same time.  It truly was one of the happiest days that I'm keeping for me.


We talked about the women that have climbed K2, discussed snow tires for my car, and shared some pepperoni, cheese, avocado, and apple slices.  Mom tended to the baby and we sat around and just talked.  Simple, yes, but it was something that I'm really going to treasure.  A memory for me, and a great one to start this new year.  Needless to say I'm happy to sleeping warm in my bed and I'm counting my blessings.  It could all change in the blink of an eye and I don't want to miss anything.  So, I'm thankful, and humble.  Remember those that are close to you and thank them, for anything, for everything, for nothing at all and know that it too means something in time.

Ciao!

No comments: