Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Busy Bees and Sandy Beaches...

Day three and already I feel like my brain is melting down! Actually I love it and I have really missed school. I suppose its safe to say that I'm going to be doing the school thing for life! There's definitely something to be said for being busy all the time and this is definitely the term for being busy. I thought that my last term here would a little easier but they are going to make it as difficult as possible. (They being everyone...including myself) I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the fact that every day is packed full of things to do. Practicing, rehearsals, work, bar tending, concerts, sectionals, inventory, gigs, private lessons, teaching lessons....I simple cannot imagine my life without these things. Granted that a nice relaxing vacation on a white sandy beach with clear blue waters does sound appealing, I don't think I could go on one without my horn and a bag full of charts.

The first week is shaping up to predict how the rest of the term will flow. There is a definite air of "fast and furious" surrounding my schedule. Though, I do feel it necessary to mention that I absolutely could not accomplish anything without the irreplaceable guidance, mentoring and friendship from my advising professor. He has been the rock, the foundation, the anchor, the lighthouse, and any other metaphor that has helped me through my time in this school. He is one in several billion and I can't think of ways to thank him enough.

It's a great start to a great year and the best of times here in the mountains. Making music and enjoying life...I can't think of anything better. Even the beach sounds a little boring compared to all of this...

Ciao!

No comments: