Saturday, January 24, 2009

Very Lucky...

Day two of the conference was excellent.  The knowledge and musical ideas flowing throughout the event has been superfluous.  A teacher, with a long and illustrious career, was inducted into the MENC hall of fame.  His acceptance speech was extremely touching and brought tears to the eyes of everyone in the room.  His key point was, "...we are very lucky, you and I", to be here, to be musicians, to be educators, to work with kids and have a job that makes a difference.  It was heartfelt and his sentiment was empathetic as he was in very close company amongst the numerous educators in attendance.

I would have to agree that I am among the very lucky.  To be where I am at this point in my life, to be who I am, to know that I am progressing into something more.  That constant progress is what we strive for and there is always something more into which we can evolve.  Music is love, we share it with each other, with the world, with our students, with ourselves.  It is something that is very special to me, very close to my heart, and being here among other musicians who not only possess that passion, but try to instill it in others always "recharges my batteries".

I hope that much love and music finds a place into your heart and does the same for your "batteries".

Ciao!

No comments: