Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Bit Of News...

So this bit of news comes directly from the ER. As of Wednesday evening I now have a broken radius of the right arm.

Homo say what?!?!

Yes...unfortunately my decision to switch up my cardio for that day resulted in a nice little bicycle crash on beautiful 3rd avenue. The ensuing injury has left me listing in the wind with the use of only one hand. Though I'll be the first to admit that things could be a lot worse. I'm truly grateful that it is only a minor break and that I'm not in a hospital bed somewhere resembling a modern day mummy...

Sooooo....I guess I'll be posting with one hand for a while. The time spent typing with one hand is already creating a resentment against the layout of a standard keyboard...damn you years of practice with two equal appendages!!! lol

In unrelated injury news...

The gig at the winery last weekend, prior to the now infamous "crash", was a blast! Jack, the regular pianist for my quartet, and I played a three hour gig in one of the most beautiful settings imaginable. The weather was calm and warm. It invited the music to waft among the tall cotton trees and flow into the hearts of the people in attendance. The jazz standards were paired nicely with with the crowd's consumption of Blanco Rojo and Malvasia Bianca while fruit and various cheeses added great support to the structure and the people had a wonderful time. Needless to say we had a wonderful time as well.

Orthopedic appointment to come on Monday afternoon. Keep at least one set of fingers crossed that surgery won't be necessary. Hoping for a standard cast and healing process here.

Until tomorrow...

Ciao!

1 comment:

phryGIAN said...

Oh no!
I hope everything
turns out okay. Breaking
my arm would be SO hard...

good luck!