Monday, August 24, 2009

Rainy Afternoons...

The rain today came from out of nowhere and was extremely voracious! (Not quite sure I used that last word correctly...???) Any who, it was quite a change from the sunshine and blue skies we've been seeing for the past week. Needless to say it will probably get a bit chilly this evening and I'll have to close the window around 3am....blasted weather patters...ha ha ha.

The cast has already been on for over a week and time is racing by. Though, on this chilly evening, for this broken right arm, time has slowed to a crawl. There has been a bit of aching and frustration during my practice time as slow and steady are the steps that make up the road to recovery. "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming..."

On a more musical note (ha...ha...ha) - playing long tones these last couple of days have proven to be extremely therapeutic. I've always enjoyed playing them for warm ups/downs, but in my time of physical duress the long and slow buzzing has really relaxed my arm and my mind. I get lost in the internal resonating and feel humbled, taken away from the mundane stress of my day. If feels great and I'm definitely going to allow more time for long tones in my practice regiment.

I hope that the day was great for everyone and that the week has started off with music, love and laughter!

Ciao!

No comments: