Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lips Slurs and Technology...

With another Wednesday fading into the distance I take a brief moment to pause and reflect...

School begins next Monday for the fall trimester and, alas, I am committed to a life of "fruitful" exile amongst the working class. Graduating college and moving forward is going to be interesting to say the least. I am excited to still be a part of the big band and help keep the jazz movement progressing forward at my Alma mater. The best part is never having to go back again!!! (At least for a year...then it's off to grad school...woo-hoo!!!)

The day was filled with computer and network updates. Working in our club's tech-lab is proving to be a bit more sterile than I had anticipated. I'm not sure that the technology side of life is something that I'd want to do forever. It is good to know that I'm working to help ensure a better after school education for the community youth. They do love their Internet and games after school. (Ungrateful little yuppie larvae...ha ha ha...just kidding...)

So, the freshman convocation gig is this Friday and the lip slurs have really paid off. Another extended round of long tones this evening felt great! I love getting my chops worked up for a gig. Makes them feel very relaxed and ready for a great afternoon of playing and performing to show just what our music department has to offer. That and the fact that I'll now be performing as an alumnus of the college! Sweet!!!

All for now as I hear the soft pillows and warm bedding calling my name gently in the breeze...

Ciao!

1 comment:

phryGIAN said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, actually!

maybe the it's appeal is in it's novelty.

Yes, I think Music history will get more interesting. My teacher is just this severe Australian man who honestly scares the crap out of me.
I'm also definitely not looking to 20th century theory. Claude Debussy is inappropriate!!!

mmmm lip slurs
: ]