Saturday, August 29, 2009

Gigs and Pictures...

As I walk through my new apartment the atmosphere is transformed into something resembling home...for a while anyways...

The hanging of pictures, and the like, really does make a difference to the way a place feels. The new apartment, now moving towards the end of my first month here seems more and more like home. With less to organize than when I first started, the process of unpacking is shortly coming to a close. I feel like I'm settling in and that this place is going to feel nice and cozy before too long.

The gig yesterday afternoon was great. With a large audience of students, their families, and the faculty in attendance, the brief shuffling of notes and air was well received. I was glad to get back into performance mode and it is pretty safe to say that, even with this dreadful cast on my arm, it sounded nice and they all enjoyed the show. Kudos to my fellow musicians for coming in and reading down the gig, bravo!

The weekend has been spent, thus far, hanging pictures and fiddling with the newly moved TV and DVR/HDMI options on our cable box...receiver...thing. For not having a TV for the last year or so it's been a change to have one in the house. I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it but I think it's safe to say that my roommate will.

All for now as I hear my soft bed and covers calling out to me....

Ciao!

No comments: