Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Joys of Being Home...

Days like today are few and far between.  I guess that can be said for everyday as we should try to live them like they were our last.  But, having family in from out of town makes days like these even more special.  The first week in December is already checked off the calendar and the skies shown sunny and clear blue.  Though crisp and clear, the days and nights are still very cold and a foreboding winter is definitely on the horizon.  It is simply amazing that there is still lots of sunshine and warm afternoons to go around this late in the year.

I spent the day visiting with family and enjoying stories and conversations over some fabulous home cooked fare.  It was truly a wonderful day.  Working on computers for my parents, and shuffling music around for my grandparents, spreading the love and enjoying each other is definitely my idea of a good time at home.  I'm really fortunate to have them in my life.  Just knowing that they are there makes my days easier and my soul feel good.

I hope that everyone gets to spend some time at home with family, especially during this holiday season.

Ciao!

No comments: