Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Most Enjoyable Evening Indeed...

Today was filled with the holiday season.  A finale concert we affectionately refer to as the "Holiday Bash" went surprisingly well.  (Even for an event with such a violent seasonal title...)  For the most part everything fell into place and I was glad to say that I was there on stage enjoying myself.  I've performed in so many thus far, rarely do I have a chance to sit back and enjoy myself during a performance.  It seems that I am feeling my time coming to a close on that stage.  The literature is coming full circle and I'm seeing more and more of the same notes and passages from my early days at the Fort.  I do know that it is time to move on and find some new music into which I can sink my chops.

Sushi after the show was incredible.  It had been a while since I'd had any and that made it all the more special and savory.  Each bite was delectable and the chefs at the restaurant were on fire this evening.  If you ever find yourself in Durango Colorado, please, do yourself a favor and stop by our sushi place.  "East by Southwest" is a wonderful place to eat with great atmosphere and wonderful food.  A little pricey, but so worth it every once in a while, especially after a good show!  I think what made it best was that I was there with friends enjoying a nice evening out.  It has been a long time since we've been out like that, it was genuinely awesome, in every sense of the word.

The classic "Larsen" after party was great.  Lots of musicians cavorting and enjoying themselves.  Holiday "cheer" being passed around in great abundance, and my jug of water keeping me  company amidst the plethora of "spirits".  Needless to say I went home earliest to avoid any sidestepping confrontation or awkwardness of the "less that sober".  It was a good time, but I need some peace and quite, slow standards and some hot tea to keep me sane.

I hope that everyone out there is having a wonderful weekend already.  Keep it real and have some fun!

Ciao!

No comments: